Wednesday 24 February 2016

Jack Frost and his Team after a hard night's work - 24th February 2016

A simple post on a stunning late winter morning.  
I was at RSPB Rainham Marshes a little early today and a thick hoar frost coated everything. The car was reading -2c and there was not a breath of wind on a blue sky sunrise and so I took myself off for a short walk around the Cordite.  

Bird wise it was very quiet with just a couple of Goldcrests, a few Redwings and an optimistic pair of nest building Long-tailed Tits but it was the patterns and myriad forms of the ice needles encrusting every stem, twig, blade of grass, leaf and other surface that mesmerised me.

I will let the pictures do the talking... please click on them and view 'big' in the gallery...
















And in that most disappointingly ephemeral way of frost on a sunny day, it was soon losing the battle against the weak rays of Sol climbling above the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment