Monday 1 August 2022

Thirty Years Ago - July 1992

 3rd July:

An afternoon trip between showers to try and see the male red-spotted Bluethroat that had been present at Holme for a few days.  After about twenty minutes it duly obliged and fabulous close range views were had as it fed on a path through the Sea Buckthorn.  It was moulting on the back but very smart on the throat.  After watching it for 45 minutes we headed for home.

Bluethroat


[Eds: I do sometimes wonder if this sort of thing was actually undertaken by me.  I understand my desire to see stuff back then but why did I come straight back home? Why did I not got to Titchwell? All very odd especially when I have trouble persuading myself to go almost anywhere nowadays…]

8th July:

A trip to North Norfolk with Paul W to see a Great Spotted Cuckoo but it had buggered off and the Honey Buzzards refused to fly. [Eds: I was obviously so unimpressed by the day that I did not even say where we went!]

10th-24th July:  Family Caravan Holiday to Cornwall – the last one!

No real birds of note other than Peregrine and Hobby but the Butterflies were very good with 22 species and a possible Pale Clouded Yellow too!

[Eds: And that as they say, was that for July! Don’t worry, August 1992 kicks off with a bang!]

1 comment:

  1. I remember my trip there also, cracking bird.

    ReplyDelete